Meet Our People
Video testimonials...coming soon from Badlands Bad River!
A complete overview of the member counties is available through the U.S.Census website at factfinder.census.gov. The highlights:
- Together the communities within Badlands Bad River include about 4,000 people. Unlike many areas, Badlands Bad River is a stable rural population, with virtually no change between the 2000 and 2010 Census collections.
Workforce & Economic Characteristics
- Median age: 49 years
- Youth (under 18), 22% of population - our future workers!
- Working Age (18-64), 45% - the core of our workforce
- Golden Age (65+), 23% - many of whom are working and contributing in our communities!
- High school graduate: 94% of population
- Bachelor's degree or higher, 20% of population
- 78% of population resides in owner-occupied homes
- 60% of households are family households (adult couples or couples with children)
Unemployment rate: 2.3%
Working families: 65% of family households where all present parents work
Workforce by gender: 53% male, 47% female
Workforce by industry:
- Agricultural occupations, 28% of workforce
- Education and occupations, 18%
- Retail and wholesale trade, 19%
- Manufacturing and construction, 11%
Workforce by type:
- Privately employed, 58%
- Government workers, 11%
- Self-employed, 31%
Links to Each Community
- Median family income: $64,120
- Median income per full-time worker, all industries: $28,259
- Individuals below poverty level: 15% of population
Learn more about the people of Badlands Bad River!